About the Distillery
In the Penza region, next to the Moscow-Chelyabinsk highway, lies the old Russian town of Nizhniy Lomov. Due to its advantageous location, it competed with Penza in industrial development even in the last century. Of the leading industries there, the first place was occupied by matches production, the second - by distilling.
By the eighties of the nineteenth century, the town of Nizhniy Lomov with its uyezd (the county) was the most industrially developed region of the Penza province after Penza itself. Nizhnelomovskiy uyezd produced a large amount of alcohol, which required its processing and marketing. In this regard, the question arose about the construction of a large distillery in Nizhniy Lomov, which from the day of its foundation bore the name of the State Wine Warehouse and was designed for a significant replenishment of the treasury through the sale of its products. The emergence of State wine warehouses was entirely due to the introduction in 1895 of the state monopoly on the wine trade. Wine warehouses in tsarist Russia before the Revolution were actually state distilleries.
According to the Regulation on the State Sale of Drinks, approved in 1894, the purification of alcohol and the production of vodka could be carried out at private vodka and alcohol refineries only on orders from the treasury and under the supervision of excise supervision. Along with this, newly built state-owned factories became widespread. These state-owned distilleries were called "wine warehouses".
The construction of the Nizhnelomovskiy distillery began in May 1898 with a solemn prayer service and blessing of water in the presence of representatives of the excise department.
It was assumed that the wine warehouse would distribute alcoholic beverages to state-owned wine shops. Subsequently, the functions of the warehouse were significantly expanded, with alcohol-cleaning departments opened and the alcoholic drinks produced. "Regulations on State Wine Warehouses" was in force until 1915, when, in connection with the outbreak of the World War, the rectification of alcohol in the alcohol-cleaning departments at state wine warehouses was suspended, and in 1916-1917 completely discontinued.
In addition to the main two-story production building, a boiler room and storage facilities were built, and an artesian well was drilled on the site. The distillery was headed by a manager assigned by the excise department.
The distillery in Nizhniy Lomov is the only wine warehouse of pre-revolutionary construction that has survived in the Penza region.
Our distillery is one of the oldest enterprises in the Penza region. Before the First World War, the third floor was added to the building, and the production of a small number of draft wines and liqueurs began. During the Great Patriotic War, the enterprise produced defense products. After the war, the distillery was provided with new modern equipment. The assortment of vodka and alcoholic beverages changed. The products were sold mainly in the Penza region.
Today Nizhnelomovskiy Distillery is a modern enterprise in all respects, where they honor their history, preserve and enrich the centuries-old traditions of craftsmanship and quality. Over the past few years, the distillery has undergone a global modernization of production and technological processes, with innovative technologies introduced, and all labor-intensive processes automated. Despite the high growth in production rates, our primary task is to maintain a consistently high quality of our products.
The distillery is located on an area of 26,400 m2, 1.5 km away from the federal highway M5 "Ural" (Moscow-Chelyabinsk), 110 km from the regional center - Penza - and 530 km from Moscow, which provides convenient arrival and accommodation of any vehicle for loading and unloading products.
A modern warehouse equipped with a rack storage system allows to place more than 3 400 pallets with finished products at a time.